The big picture:
We're looking for a lease to start in August (wouldn't need to move in until mid-month). I'll be in town July 9th through 11th checking out places, and am happy to either make appointments in advance or walk around the general area, knocking on doors and calling numbers on "for rent" signs.
I'm a Psych grad student transferring to WashU (my advisor took a new job), my boyfriend is a chef who will likely be working downtown and has been very understanding about being uprooted. We're pretty set on the CWE for the proximity to restaurants, MetroLink, and feel of the place. We're low-maintenance tenants: no loud parties or bar-brawls, generally clean and friendly people.
Of course we want a nice, safe building in good shape with friendly and responsive management and quiet neighbors. Below is an (approximately rank-ordered) list of what else we're looking for...
• Allows cats (just one!)
• At or under $800 per month
• Walking distance (< 1 mile) to MetroLink
• At least 1 bedroom
• Within the boundaries of Delmar/Kingshighway/I-64/Vandeventer
• Parking (reserved/secured/covered)
• Newer/great condition windows with screens
• Walking distance to grocery store
• Air conditioning
• On-site laundry
It would be nice if it had...
• Central/apartment-controlled A/C
• Plenty of counter space
• Plenty of closet space
• Ceiling fan
• All electric
• Allows dogs (eventually)
• Some utilities included
I have found a couple companies/properties online that seem like reasonable prospects, so let me know if you have experience (positive or negative) with these:
• Mills Properties (specifically West End Terrace)
• Barron Realty (specifically 4360-72 Lindell)
• M. Jaffe Investment Company (urban-dwellers.com, maybe Maryland Manor, The Brandon, or The Marjeanette)
If you live in a building (or know of one, or are subletting, etc.) that fits the bill, please either comment below or contact me at jaimelane (at) gmail (dot) com.
Thanks in advance!